• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

acquired some new pieces

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Helped a friend move some furniture this past weekend. As we were moving it out of the old house, the lady said we were welcome to anything in the house. Found this piece plus two others. Trying to find pictures of the other two right now, might be on the camera that died. I asked her after finding these, if she wanted the cast iron, and she said no. I even told her one was a Wagner and she told me to take it, just wanted the stuff out of the house. So I took them home and cleaned them up.

Attachments

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
And the one that is perfect for a sandwich. No pictures I guess of the third piece. A no name with a wooden handle that unscrews. About 8 inch pan.

Attachments

A

Arnold

You hit the jackpot, Jason. I've seen people fight over some of these pieces at estate auctions. You're a great guy to be helping someone move. That's no small task in itself.

P

Pocs

Nice! I'm so jealous! You have some amazing pieces. The one with the wooden handle peaks my interest. I have never had any with a wooden handle. Seasoned right it will still be a great addition to your home cookware and it goes without saying, keep it away from the flames.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
You hit the jackpot, Jason. I've seen people fight over some of these pieces at estate auctions. You're a great guy to be helping someone move. That's no small task in itself.
Do not know about the jackpot, but a great find that I'm happy about. One of the first things I did is look up how much the wagner was. I was going to give them a cut if it was pricey, but the closest thing I could find was around $20-$25 on ebay. But I'm happy, it is a great one for frying, and I did not having anything made for that.

I was thinking of trying to make eggs in the bread one. It is not very tall though, but thought it would make eggs perfect size for sandwiches.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Nice! I'm so jealous! You have some amazing pieces. The one with the wooden handle peaks my interest. I have never had any with a wooden handle. Seasoned right it will still be a great addition to your home cookware and it goes without saying, keep it away from the flames.
I can grab some pictures if you want. The wooden handle has me a bit worried though. I use the cast iron a lot in ovens and even more outdoors over a fire. I guess I can always unscrew the handle, or use it as a stove top only. But it was hard to pass up.