• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

Alfredo Sauce

M

MissPeggy

Just wondered if anyone makes their own Alfredo sauce? If so, do you have a favorite recipe you don't mind sharing? I've been wanting to try and make my own and wasn't sure how easy or hard it was.

L

Lincoln

I have made it a couple of different ways from recipes I found on allrecipes.com. I don't really have a favorite, but I do suggest using real cream instead of Half and Half. It is more calories, but the extra calories sure do make it taste better!

C

Charcoal

I usually make my Alfredo sauce this way: Melt butter in a saucepan. Add minced garlic. Pour in cream and bring to a boil. Add Parmesan cheese and simmer until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.

H

Hilt

I have still yet to figure out why I can love this sauce so much but I do not like eating shredded Parmesan over top a meal. It has to be the sauce part that makes it for me. I have never tried to make it myself but being this simple I think I will try your way Charcoal.