• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

Allergies

O

Over Easy

Does anyone here have any allergies to specific foods? I understand that many people seem to be allergic to peanuts, but what other foods are common for people to be allergic to?

R

rayne

Chocolate! I love chocolate but can only have a piece now and then. Otherwise, I'm down with a migraine. My son, on the other hand, used to be allergic to a wide variety of foods. Anything citrus, tomato products, yeast, cheese, beef, etc. All would bring on an asthma attack. He has grown out of all of those but feeding him as a child was a challenge.

H

Hilt

The only non-outdoor type of allergy I have is to Ibuprofen. Oddly enough is it also the only medicine that I am aware of that I am allergy too. Now if you are talking about outdoor type allergies I pretty much have them all. I guess that is the trade off.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I'm not allergic to any sort of foods. My son looks like he may be allergic to peanuts however. Shellfish or seafood is a common food allergy which I have a friend who is allergic.

G

grillin_n_chillin

I don't have any food allergies that I know of, but aside from peanuts and shellfish (like Jason pointed out), lactose intolerance is pretty common. I'm not sure if that's really classified as an "allergy", though...

B

BBQueen

I am allergic to foods with high acid content like tomatoes and oranges. It doesn't stop me from eating them though. I have to eat them in moderation. I remember once I went a little overboard and had hives everywhere.

wynters

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulse