• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

What is your favorite cast iron meal?

G

Gail

What is your favorite cast iron meal? Mine is actually chili made in the cast iron Dutch oven. I have a batch just about ready to go into the oven right now. I am going to cook some cornbread in my cast iron skillet as well.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I would have to go with eggs as that is the most frequently cooked item on my cast iron. However I think chili is the best thing cooked in a dutch oven.

P

piggypie

Fried chicken! My mother used her big cast iron skillet, and no fried chicken ever tasted better. In fact, she fried every thing in that skillet. No fry daddy's for her

K

Kygalloway

My favorite cast iron meal is chili cornbread casserole. The cast iron skillet makes the mixture of the chili and the cornbread delightful. I enjoy cooking a lot of things in my cast iron skillet but, there is something about how all the seasons and favor stay in the skillet. You can't get the thickness of the chili and the brownness of the cornbread in any skillet like the cast iron.

O

oportosanto

Cooking in cast iron is pretty good, gives a great flavor to the food. That picture is looking awesome Cappy!

L

L_B

O

oportosanto

Yeah, drooling is the right word! When we can cook something as delicious as that, we turn eating into a real pleasure.